The five most important takeaways I learned in marketing research strategies class this semester:
- Working within a group and team: Over this course we had to meet with out teams and groups for our research project almost every week. In the future and my career this will be very important, because working well with other and other workers is very important in being successful in a career. This was important for me to learn and grown as a person in order to work well with my co workers in my career.
- Conducting Research, Focus groups, Interviews, and Surveys: I found this very important within our groups, because these areas will benefit me greatly in my career. It will be good to know how to conduct focus groups, research, interviews, and surveys. I feel that conducting interviews focus groups, and making surveys is very important in my career and I know that if I did not learn these key areas and methods I would not be as educated in my profession and career field.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research: learning more about the main research areas has helped me gain more knowledge about how to research properly. In my career and in the future knowing quality research and how broad research can be will be very important for my career. Having a broad amount of research strategies and research areas will help me further my career when I am asked to take on certain tasks.
- Data Collection: Marketing and research strategies has helped me develop very good data collection skills. We have done a lot in class regarding data collection and developing information from data collection. I think that this will really help me in my career and field, because it will be important for me to develop quality data and important information.
- Big Data:Learning more about big data has helped me develop a better insight on what is going on around the world with data and media. Having the knowledge that I now have on “Big Data” will help me in my career and future tasks. Big data is a growing area of media today and will help me further my knowledge within my marketing and communication career.
Source of class text:
Reference- The Market Research Toolbox: A Concise Guide for Beginners, 4th Edition (2016) Author: Edward F McQuarrie Sage Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA